MINIKINO FILM WEEK (MFW) – Bali International Short Film Festival is designed as an annual event.
Minikino Film Week (MFW) founded in 2015 as a unique and out of ordinary International Short Film Festival in Bali, to reach out the daily life of the local community. The screens are arranged to provide opportunities for people to re-experiencing the collective film viewing, furthermore to build a space to discuss about their experiences, promoting critical thinking of what they have just watched. Larger screen, watching the screening together, stimulating and encouraging spatial and social awareness. Through Bali International Short Film Festival, MFW in the works to rebuild the cinema culture in Bali.
MFW live screenings is an open and free entry for public. However, by providing age rating guides, MFW also offer responsibility to society, to choose and sort out what might be less appropriate to watch.
MFW involves a variety of Micro Cinema & Pop-Up Cinema venues around the island, proposes accessibility for locals in Bali, as well as offering a compelling and unique exposure for those who want to visit and get to experience Bali more intimately.
MINIKINO FILM WEEK – Mission Statement
- Giving opportunities for festival audience to watch the best and the latest achievement of short films produced by Indonesia, South East Asia, and International filmmakers.
- Stimulate social awareness by arranging open public screening to rural area.
- Encouraging media awareness and critical thinking by encouraging after screening’s q & a and discussion.
- Ensure the program quality by presenting selected and exclusive short films programs which otherwise is not available any where else.
- Creates meeting place where filmmakers and audiences from around the world could meet and ignite creative discussion inspired by their works.
- Building up global network among short filmmakers in Indonesia, South East Asia, and International.
- Stimulate cinema culture by building community interest to watch films together in front of a projection screen and then to share their experience.