MINIKINO FILM WEEK (MFW) – Bali International Short Film Festival is an annual event.
MFW – Bali International Short Film Festival, founded in 2015 as a unique and out of ordinary International Short Film Festival in Bali, reaching out the daily life of the local community. Screens are arranged to provide opportunities for people to re-experiencing the collective film viewing, furthermore to build a space to discuss about their experiences, promoting critical thinking of what they have just watched. Larger screen, viewing the screening together, stimulating and encouraging social awareness. Through Bali International Short Film Festival, MFW is in the works to rebuild the cinema culture in Bali.
MFW live screenings is an open and free entry for public. By providing age rating guides, MFW also offer responsibility to society, to choose and sort out what might be appropriate to watch.
MFW involves a variety of Micro Cinema & Pop-Up Cinema venues around the island, proposes accessibility for locals in Bali, as well as offering a compelling and unique exposure, for those who want to visit and get to experience Bali more intimately.
Mission Statement Of Minikino Film Week
- Giving opportunities for the festival audience, to viewing the best and the latest achievement of short films produced by Indonesia, South East Asia, and International filmmakers.
- Stimulate social awareness by arranging open public screening to the rural area.
- Encouraging awareness and critical thinking by encouraging after screening’s q & a and discussion.
- Provide quality programs by presenting selected and exclusive short film programs which might not available elsewhere.
- Creates meeting place where filmmakers and audiences from around the world could meet and ignite creative discussion inspired by their works.
- Building up global network among short filmmakers in Indonesia, South East Asia, and International.
- Stimulate cinema culture by stimulating community interest to watch films together in front of a projection screen and to share their experience afterwards.
- Stimulate the development of the short film economical value in Indonesia, by building integration with international networks.