MINIKINO FILM WEEK (MFW) – Bali International Short Film Festival is an annual event.
MFW – Bali International Short Film Festival, founded in 2015 as a unique and out-of-ordinary International Short Film Festival in Bali, reaches out to the daily life of the local community. Screens are arranged to provide opportunities for people to re-experience the collective film viewing, furthermore to build a space to discuss their experiences, promoting critical thinking about what they have just watched. Larger screen, viewing the screening together, stimulating and encouraging social awareness. Through Bali International Short Film Festival, MFW is in the works to rebuild the cinema culture in Bali.
MFW live screenings is an open and free entry for the public. By providing age rating guides, MFW also offers responsibility to society, to choose and sort out what might be appropriate to watch.
MFW involves a variety of Micro Cinema & Pop-Up Cinema venues around the island, proposes accessibility for locals in Bali, as well as offering a compelling and unique exposure, for those who want to visit and get to experience Bali more intimately.
Mission Statement Of Minikino Film Week
- Giving opportunities for the festival audience, to viewing the best and the latest achievement of short films produced by Indonesia, South East Asia, and International filmmakers.
- Stimulate social awareness by arranging open public screenings in rural areas.
- Encouraging awareness and critical thinking by encouraging after-screening Q&A and discussion.
- Provide quality programs by presenting selected and exclusive short film programs which might not available elsewhere.
- Creates a meeting place where filmmakers and audiences from around the world could meet and ignite creative discussion inspired by their works.
- Building up a global network among short filmmakers in Indonesia, South East Asia, and internationally.
- Stimulate cinema culture by stimulating community interest to watch films together in front of a projection screen and share their experience afterward.
- Stimulate the development of the short film economical value in Indonesia, by building integration with international networks.