3rd MINIKINO FILM WEEK, Bali 7th to 14th October 2017 is the 3rd edition of an annual International Short Film Festival in Bali, Indonesia, founded & organized by Minikino (minikino.org). Presenting short film programs from Indonesia, short film exchange programs of South-East Asia “S-Express”, and International Shorts Programs and additional fringe program as complementary events, workshops and programs focusing on to the theme of the present festival.
MINIKINO FILM WEEK is designed as a festival for both the filmmakers and audiences, aiming to build and strengthen the network of alternative screenings in Bali, providing spaces for works of short films to their audiences, that might be difficult to obtain anywhere else. On the other end, providing audience with an opportunity to see and discuss about films they might never get to see otherwise.
Minikino believes that a short film, like a poem or short story, is a self-contained work with its own literary merit. A well-programmed selection of short films is a potent stimulant for discussion, which in turn will promote social awareness and critical thinking.
Enjoy 3rd MINIKINO FILM WEEK, Bali 7th to 14th October 2017, hopefully it will inspire us all.
1. SHORTLIST Laurel for filmmakers that selected in “Shortlist” status.
2. OFFICIAL SELECTION Laurel & Certificate (digitally printed on pdf) for all filmmakers with officially selected films of Minikino Film Week.
3. The 2017 International Premier Recognition – Laurel & Certificate; Only films that meet the following conditions may be considered to get the World Premiere Recognition status:
- This Recognition is for non Indonesia Short Films only ;
- Only films that have been released during the present year of the Festival;
- Only Films that have not been released anywhere other than their country of origin;
- Only Films that have not been presented at any other International screening event neither live nor online (exhibited on the Internet, Publicly) before the end date of 3rd MFW Festival (14 October 2017)
4. 3rd MINIKINO FILM WEEK AWARD; a NON-MONETARY REWARD in the form of a Certificate of Achievement signed by the Committee, and dedicated online announcements as a PUBLIC ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF EXCELLENCE. Awards will be given in the following categories:
- Minikino Best Short Film of the Year Award 2017
- Audience Choice MFW2017 Award
- Programmers Pick MFW2017 Award
- Best Children Short MFW2017 Award
- Best Fiction Short MFW2017 Award
- Best Documentary Short MFW2017 Award
- Best Animation Short MFW2017 Award
- Best Audio Visual Experimental Short MFW2017 Award
Submission, Selection, Award Terms & Conditions
- Only films that meet the following conditions may be selected;
- Short Films that have been produced and released after 1 January 2015.
- Short Film, maximum duration of 25 mins, all genres accepted.
- ONLY SHORT FILMS THAT HAVE BEEN RELEASED AFTER 1 JANUARY 2016 ARE ELIGIBLE FOR AWARD CONSIDERATION.
Digital File specifications requirements, in case your film gets selected;
- Full HD 1080p rendered in 25fps, using H.264 compression. Mp4 format preferred.
- All Short films preferred to be presented in their original language. If other than English dialogues used, films must be subtitled in English (SubRip – srt file preferred). Minikino Film Week will work on Indonesian (Bahasa) Subtitle for your short film based on your English language / subtitle (otherwise you are already have Indonesian subs for your work.)
- All films must be the original work of the filmmakers, otherwise filmmakers must have the necessary rights.
- You may submit more than one film as long as each film meets the eligibility requirements.
Entry Fee may be waived only for:
- Indonesian Director(s) & Producer(s), upon receipt by the Festival of a photocopy of a current and valid ID card (KTP) or Indonesian Passport.
- Students submitting short films, upon receipt by the Festival of a photocopy of a current and valid student ID card or a letter from an accredited school verifying enrollment.
- Filmmakers with 2016 Officially Selected Work. Entry fees will be waived upon receipt by the Festival of a copy of the 2nd Minikino Film Week digital certificate.
- please email us on email@example.com
- SEMI-FINALIST stage: is the call-out for candidates to send their digital file of final work to the festival database for a closed review. Please notice that, this doesn’t mean your film has been selected, yet this is part of the selection process and your film going to be in our short list of 3rd Minikino Film Week Programming. >> At this stage, we will ask you to send your final version of your film to us by online digital transfer service, BEFORE GIVEN DEADLINE DATE. Please be aware that, IN THIS STAGE, YOUR STATUS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE UNTIL ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SATISFIED. <<
- THE SHORTLIST stage (‘Finalist’ Status in the Filmfreeway) : is a list of selected candidates from which a final choice will be made. All short films that does not get selected IS NOT GOING TO GET SCREENED at the festival and will be offered to put in an OFFLINE FESTIVAL’S VIDEO LIBRARY, only available to limited members & guests of the festival.
- FESTIVAL OFFICIAL SELECTIONS (‘Accepted’ Status in the Filmfreeway) is the final stage. Selected Short Films will be put in a Sub-Program, will be prepared with Indonesia subs and scheduled for live screenings during the festival date; 7th to 14th October 2016.
ONLY SHORT FILMS THAT HAVE BEEN RELEASED AFTER 1 JANUARY 2016 ARE ELIGIBLE FOR AWARD CONSIDERATION.
Entry and participation of your short films implies unconditional acceptance of the regulations. In unspecified cases, the Festival Committee is the one to make a final decision.
NEITHER THE FESTIVAL STAFF NOR THE COMMITTEE IS ABLE TO PROVIDE ANY COMMENTS ABOUT YOUR WORK.