INTERNATIONAL SCREENING PROGRAMS, MINIKINO FILM WEEK 5
Responding to the international submissions this year, the Minikino Film Week programming team has watched all 598 short films submitted. This year, the fiction category still dominated (55,2%), followed by short documentary (11,8%), Animation in general category (9,7%). Then the Audio Visual Experimental Work (9,5%), Live act or mixed, dedicated for children (7,9%) and Animation, dedicated for children (5,9%).
Each year the submissions are showing unique trend. While in 2018 the entries were dominated by technology, immigrants, mental health and humanity issue. This year a significant number of entries brought social and humanity in various forms and depth on screen.
Among a lot of consideration in selecting these short films, the power of the stories in short films are one of the most important thing that was taken into account. The programming work challenge was then to arrange these short films in a particular program. This year, inspired by Minikino tagline Your Healthy Dose of Short Films, we divided the official selections into five sub programs which is Healthy Dose for Your Heart, Healthy Dose for Your Taste, Healthy Dose for Your Nerve, Healthy Dose for Your Soul and Healthy Dose for Your Mind.
We would like to express our deepest respect to all filmmakers who have submitted their short film for selection, and we are grateful for all the trust given to Minikino Film Week to present their work in a our festival programs this year, to be shared with the festival audience. Thank you, happy viewing and networking.
Program Director, MFW 5
on behalf of the selection team
LIST OF PROGRAM
|BECAUSE I AM A WOMAN | Duration: 71:06 | AGE RATING: 17+
Artistic voice of recognizing a unique perspective from the woman character in these films.
|INTERVIEW (Entrevue)Christopher Guyon / France / 2019 / Fiction / 05:18Victoria Miller answers questions from a journalist as part of the promotion of the film|
|IN FULL BLOOM
Maegan Houang / United States / 2018 / Fiction / 10:40
Cecile, an older Vietnamese hoarder, whose life is upended when worms open a black hole in her house.
Awards/Screenings: Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival (Official Selection 2019), Moosburger Kurzfilmnacht (Official Selection 2019)
Kate Lefoe / Australia / 2019 / Documentary / 06:40
A bittersweet portrait of a charismatic Peruvian woman Lena, her voice joining millions in the ‘Me Too’ movement.
|X PAUSED PORTRAIT OF MAIRA S.
Konstantinos Fourkiotis / Greece / 2019 / Experimental /01:40
A woman is standing still, half in dark and half under the shade of the purest light, whispering silently …
Cristina Picchi / Italy / 2018 / Fiction / 15:00
After a sleepless night, a woman leaves her house determined to put an end to her tormented relationship.
Mael Le Mée / France / 2017 / Fiction / 17:48
Aurore, a sixteen-year teenage girl, discovers her body with her friends… With a supernatural finger.
– Awards/Screenings: Fantasia Montreal / InterFilm Berlin
Amanda Nell Eu / Malaysia / 2018 / Fiction / 14:00
A tired and overworked nurse at the maternity ward finds joy when she is alone roaming the hospital corridors at night.
|MIN/SUN 6||19:30||MASH DENPASAR|
|MIN/SUN 6||19:30||UMA SEMINYAK|
|SEN/MON 7||17:00||RUMAH FILM SANG KARSA|
|SEN/MON 7||17:30||OMAH APIK|
|FAMILIAR STRANGER | Duration: 64:20 | AGE RATING: 17+
This program explores themes that might sound strange but familiar. The films are in the border zone between the stories we know and the unknown.
Behrang Mirzayi / Iran, Islamic Republic of / 2018 / Fiction / 15:26
A young woman asks a little boy to help her taking heavy groceries home
– Awards/Screenings: 35th Tehran International Short Film Festival (Screening) Short Shorts Film Fest & Asia 2019 (Screening)
|WALDWÖLFE (FOREST WOLVES)
Peter W. Allen / Australia / 2018 / Fiction / 07:55
In 1940s Germany, three Nazi soldiers capture an escaped Jewish woman. But what will they do with her now that they have her?
– Awards/Screenings: Columbus International Film Festival (Finalist), FilmBath
|NEXT ONE PLEASE (DER NÄCHSTE BITTE)
Alexandra Rieser & Alina Fromm / Austria / 2018 / Experimental / 06:34
Violeta Trincado / Spain / 2017 / Fiction / 12:00
A homeless called Zacarias, a Man in Suit and a Taxi Driver meet together in a traffic accident that causes Zacarias death.
|A FILM CREW CENSORS ITSELF
Bentley Brown / Saudi Arabia / 2019 / Documentary, Experimental / 03:25
A film crew on a private beach must censor its behind-the-scenes so as not to risk trouble with Saudi Arabia’s moral law.
– Awards/Screenings: 2019 Dallas International Film Festival
|A SHORT FILM ABOUT EDUCATION (Un cortometraje sobre la educacion)
Sebastián Nemo Arancibia. / Chile / 2017 / Fiction / 19:00
Jorge is a fifty-year-old math teacher who is hired at a school with serious bullying issues.
|SEL/TUE 8||18:30||UMAH NUSADUA|
|RAB/WED 9||18:30||AF Bali|
|IMAGINE THIS | Duration: 38:03| AGE RATING: 7+
Imagination is stronger than knowledge.
|DON’T FEED THESE ANIMALS
Guilherme Afonso, Miguel Madaíl De Freitas / Portugal / 2019 / Animation / 10:00
A hungry lab bunny accidentally gives life to his favourite food and now he needs to make unexpected alliances
|PLAYMOBIL GENERATION (Génération Playmobils)
Thomas Leclercq / Belgium / 2018 / Animation / 07:28
A young boy loses his brand new toy in the playground’s bushes. His friends warn him : nobody ever came back from there.
– Awards/Screenings: Audience Award at Children Film Festival of Stain (France), Screening at International short film festival of Clermont Ferrand (France)
|LIKE AND FOLLOW
Tobias Schlage, Brent Forrest / Japan / 2019 / Animation / 02:05
When a kid starts spending time in the real world, it’s up to his smartphone to bring his attention back to where it belongs.
– Awards/Screenings: Ginza Award: Ginza Short Film FestivalB est Animated Film: Lakeview International Film Festival
Asier Ramos / Spain / 2017 / Fiction / 11:00
Mateo’s world seems to spin too fast and everyone seems insensitive. He will have one option only, RUN AWAY.
Aitor Herrero, Raul Colomer Válcarcel / Spain / Animation / 04:00
On Christmas Eve, a child is alone in a immense apartment when finally receives the expected visit of Santa Claus.
Barbara Brunner / Switzerland / 2018 / Animation / 03:30
Miles is a little boy whose best friend is a tree.
– Awards/Screenings: Chicago Children’s Film Festival, DOK Leipzig
|SAB/SAT 5||18:00||MASH DENPASAR|
|MIN/SUN 6||13:00||OMAH APIK|
|MIN/SUN 6||18:30||UMA SEMINYAK|
|LONG STORY SHORT | Duration: 70:30 | AGE RATING: 13+
The selection is a mixture of forms and languages, arranged in a sequence that will gradually challenge the audience to read in between the lines.
|MILESTONE (ךרד ןבא)
Aviv Kaufman / Israel / 2018 / Fiction / 13:04
This is a story about a trauma that became a milestone in a life of a young boy.
– Awards/Screenings: Independent Shorts Awards Los Angeles, Gold Award 2019 Best Child/Young Actor, Days of German and Russian short films VKRATZE! 2019 Official Selection.
Claudius Gentinetta / Switzerland / 2018 / Animation / 03:40
SELFIES is a fireworks display of grinning people who lose themselves in the abysses of human existence.
– Awards/Screenings: San Francisco 62nd San Francisco International Film Festival, USA Golden Gate Award for Best Animated Short, Barcelona FILMETS 28th Badalona Film Festival. Spain Best Film of the Festival.
Fabienne Giezendanner / Switzerland / 2017 / Animation / 12:53
two billionaires both build his own skyscraper, always more luxurious and higher. But how high will they go?
– Awards/Screenings: Best animed film at L’Age d’Or International Arthouse Film Festival and Calcutta International Cult Film Festival (cicff ).
Telemach Wiesinger / Germany / 2019 / Fiction / 02:15
A short magic trick – without net and double bottom !
Raúl Koler, Emiliano Sette / Argentina / 2018 / Animation / 14:58
Without any emotion they put to test humanity’s happiness in a struggle has each of us as winners and losers.
– Awards/Screenings: WorldFest-Houston Remi Award – USA, Gold Movie Awards – England
|BECOMING GIRL (Menjadi Dara)
SARAH ADILAH / Indonesia / 2019 / Fiction / 08:40
ANTO and BUDI must take a responsibility how it feels becoming a girl name DARA who experienced her first menstruation.
– Awards/Screenings: Winner Best Short Fiction Film UCIFEST 10
|ELEPHANTBIRD (غرمليف)Masoud Soheili / Afghanistan / 2018 / Fiction / 15:00The last wish of an old Afghan man is to give his “elephantbird” (turkey) to his grandchild.- 2019 Best Short Film in Avanca Film Festival, Portugal, 2019 Best film in Festival de CineArte en la Frontera , Venezuela|
|MIN/SUN 6||17:30||OMAH APIK|
|JUM/FRI 11||15:30||MASH DENPASAR|
|ONCE UPON A TIME | Duration: 56:27 | AGE RATING: 7+
Things do not go entirely according to plan at the beginning, but it eventually works.
|MARGO HOO COULDN’T SLEEP!
Raul Gonzo / United States / 2018 / Animation / 19:54
A children’s tale about a young insomniac named Margo set in a uniquely colorful world.
– Awards/Screenings: FestPro Film Festival 2019: Best Children’s Film Award, Sacramento Music and Film Festival 2019
Stefani Guscia / Indonesia / 2018 / Animation / 05:00
Rancak tells a story of a lazy chef & his protégé who went on an adventure to search for the ultimate magic spatula.
– Awards/Screenings: SEA Movie 2018 – Yogyakarta, Indonesia WOIS Film Festival 2019 – Dubai
Ervin Han / Singapore / 2017 / Animation / 09:55
A story about solitude, serendipity and kindness during a late afternoon downpour in the city
|THE FOX & THE PIGEON
OOV Studios / Canada / 2019 / Animation / 06:00
A fox must save his ice cream from a pigeon with a sweet tooth and a narrator with a wild imagination.
|MY LITTLE BOYS COUCH
Jack Shih / Taiwan / 2018 / Animation / 03:38
The little boy plans a secret space exploration along with his dog Donnie, transforms the couch into a super spaceship…
– Awards/Screenings: 2019 ZLIN FILM FESTIVAL – International Film Festival for Children and Youth, Czech Republic 2019 Cartoons on the Bay, Italy.
|THE CHILD AND THE NIGHT
Claudia Marcela Ruiz / Argentina / 2017 / Animation / 12:00
Grandmother, a shoe and a moon be accomplices of this travel.
– Awards/Screenings: BEST DIRECTION 8th Dada Saheb Phalke Film Festival-18, Best Photograph and Best Art Festival Latinoamericano Cine Jardim, Pernambuco, Brasil, 2018
|SAB/SAT 5||10:00||OMAH APIK|
|MIN/SUN 6||13:00||UMAH NUSA DUA|
|MIN/SUN 6||11:00||MASH DENPASAR|
|DEVOTION | Duration: 75:40 | AGE RATING: 17+
How far are you going to be loyal and remain enthusiastic for a cause?
Jasmin Luu / Germany / 2018 / Fiction / 11:52
Melissa and Jakob are spending a day together, something strange is in the air. What’s going on between Melissa and Jakob? – Awards/Screenings: Worldpremiere: 66th Martovski Filmfestival in Belgrade, Serbia – Filmreif Filmfestival in St. Ingbert, Germany
|THE RED BICYCLE
Fazila Amiri / Afghanistan / 2018 / Fiction / 11:00
Set in contemporary Afghanistan, a red bicycle opens two windows into the world of two Afghan women
– Awards/Screenings: FOTOGRAMMA D’ORO SHORT FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection 2019), FEMALE FILMMAKERS FESTIVAL BERLIN (Official Selection 2019)
|PEOPLE OF THE WASTELAND (SOUKAAN AL-ARD AL-YABAAB)
Heba Khaled / Syrian Arab Republic / 2018 / Documentary, Experimental / 21:10
People of the Wasteland is an experimental short-film in a first-person point of view
– Awards/Screenings: MAKEDOX FESTIVAL (SLICED ONION AWARD FOR 2018 BEST SHORT FILM), 1st INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL OF SRIGANGANAGAR (2019 SPECIAL MENTION)
Ken Hagen-Takenaka / Germany / 2019 / Fiction / 09:08
Adam is a total slacker but for some reason he wants to take part in a triathlon.
– Awards/Screenings: FANTASTIC FILM FESTIVAL – GALACTICAT (Official Selection 2019), INTERNATIONALES FILMFEST EMDEN-NORDERNEY (Official Selection 2019)
|A CLOWN’S TALE (NIMMERLANDVERRÄTER)
Alexander Frank / Germany / 2018 / Fiction / 22:30
|MIN/SUN 6||20:30||RUMAH FILM SANG KARSA|
|RAB/WED 9||20:00||RUMAH SANUR CREATIVE HUB|
|EMPOWERING STORIES | Duration: 86:26 | AGE RATING: 17+
IWhen everything seems so difficult to achieve, these films might bring yourself up again although things are tough. It’s possible!
Andrés Salaberri Pueyo / Spain / 2018 / Documentary / 22:00
The music of the Broken Brothers Brass Band serves as a guide to publicize the universe hidden by the Andrés Muñoz.
|27 SECOND CHAIN PROJECT
Collaborative Project / United Kingdom / 2018 / Experimental / 07:53
The end result of the 27 second chain project, a collaborative artistic experiment by 15 students in Cambridge, over 8 weeks.
– Awards/Screenings: Cambridge Shorts, Spring 2018, UK (Official Selection)
|THE DACHSHUND IN A PICTURE FRAME
Tatiana Skorlupkina / Russian Federation / 2018 / Experimental / 09:53
One of the most difficult tasks for an artist is to find a balance between creativity and wealth.
– Awards/Screenings: 69th Montecatini International Short Film Festival, Italy, 2018/10 14th annual Children’s Film Festival Seattle, USA 2019 /1
|THE ART TO SURVIVE (KUNST UND ÜBERLEBEN)
Zoe Borzi / Austria / 2018 / Documentary / 20:58
After dropping out Kat doesn’t know what to do with her life. Can she make her living by working as an artist?
|NO GUESSES FOUND
Georgie Cubin, Jane Leggat / United Kingdom / 2019 / Documentary, Experimental / 09:52
A film that questions expected representations of dyslexia by confronting the mainstream.
– Awards/Screenings: Best Documentary – Nexus Film Awards 2019 J ury Award – St. Andrews Film Festival 2019
|BEACHES, MOUNTAINS, PARIS, ROME
Matthew Karges / Germany / 2018 / Fiction / 07:20
Needing to heal after a breakup, a young woman creates a deceptive social media smokescreen
|SEN/MON 7||19:45||RUMAH SANUR CREATIVE HUB|
|KAM/THU 10||20:30||UMAH NUSADUA|
|INVISIBLE YET POWERFUL | Duration: 71:14 | AGE RATING: 13+
The power dynamics are almost invisible, but gives strong influence on everyone, including the audience.
|LOVE IS NEVER WASTED
Nathanael Matanick / United States / 2018 / Fiction / 21:46
Little Kevi is torn and struggles to make sense of how he fits between two worlds and two mothers.
– Awards/Screenings: BEST FOREIGN FILM 2019 Toronto Shorts International Film Festival, Premiere at Santa Barabara International Film Festival
|LA REGINA SI ADDORMENTA DOVE VUOLE
Lorenzo Tiberia / Italy / 2019 / Fiction / 10:00
a four-year-old girl who, driven by her parents’ quarrel, escapes from her bedroom and hides in the garden of a nursing home.
– Awards/Screenings: The Seoul Guro International Kids Film Festival 2019
Lylah D’souza / Australia / 2018 / Animation / 03:59
A woman recalls the ordinary events of a day forever bookmarked in time by the premature death of her brother.
– Awards/Screenings: St Kilda Film Festival 2018 – Nominated for Best Animation AwardA nim’est International Animation Film Festival 2018 – Official selection
Henrik Bjerregaard Clausen / Denmark / 2019 / Fiction / 08:00
On a planet laid to waste by alien machines, a young woman braves the dangers of the surface in search of companionship.
Samiramis Kia / Canada / 2019 / Fiction / 12:29
Anna, a 7 year old girl has to choose between the sweetness of ignorance and the bitterness of reality
– Awards/Screenings: NEAR NAZARETH FESTIVAL (2019 Official Selection), ENFOQUE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection 2019)
Daphne Lucker / Netherlands / 2018 / Experimental / 15:00
Three sisters grow up in a broken home. But is their loving connection strong enough to endure their gloomy surroundings?
|MIN/SUN 6||17:30||RUMAH SANUR CREATIVE HUB|
|SEL/TUE 8||18:30||RUMAH FILM SANG KARSA|
|KAM/THU 10||15:30||IRAMA INDAH|
|LIGHT AND FUN | Duration: 24:53 | AGE RATING: All
A selection of toddler friendly films, joyful and optimistic that can be enjoyed by everyone.
Brett Jubinville, Troy Mcdonald / Canada / 2017 / Animation / 01:32
Where is Peekaboo Cat hiding? Can you find her? This Super Simple song is great for very young learners and even babies.
|MASTER OF LIGHT
Stefan Vogt / Germany / 2019 / Animation / 01:40
Friendship can happen in absence
– Awards/Screenings: ITFS 2019
Hermes Mangialardo / Italy / 2018 / Animation / 02:00
a child draws on the sand all that he has lost among the indifference of the people.
– Awards/Screenings: Best Animation Award at 100 seconds FILM FESTIVAL (TEHERAN – IRAN), Best Animated Film – PUNTO DI VISTA International Film Festival (CAGLIARI – ITALY
Raymond Limantara Sutisna / Singapore / 2018 / Animation / 03:36
A boy and girl fight for painting space, both refusing to give in until the mess they create goes out of control.
– Awards/Screenings: Best Emerging Industry Short Film (Panama Animation Festival 2018), Best Student Film (RGU Film Festival 2019)
Merry Wijaya, Yujin Sick / Indonesia / 2019 / Animation / 02:57
After watching a palm reading online tutorial video, Lana wants to practice her new skills
Markus Helmersson / Sweden / Animation / 05:05 A film with a bunch of twists to it.
– Awards/Screenings: Changing Face International Film Festival 2018 – Monthly winner, Imaginarium Comic Con Film Festivals 2019.
|UTAN THE RAMBUTAN (Utan Rambutan)
Andra Fembriarto / Indonesia / 2019 / Animation / 08:03
Utan wants to fly in the sky like a bird, but Utan is only a rambutan fruit stuck in a tree.
– Awards/Screenings: Finalist at the NCCC Film & Animation Festival 2019
|SAB/SAT 5||17:15||OMAH APIK|
|MIN/SUN 6||18:15||AF Bali|
|LONGING TO BELONG | Duration: 80:17 | AGE RATING: 17+
Playing in the fiction realms, these films show how feelings can shape the human soul and push to find balance.
|IT’S EASIER TO RAISE CATTLE (Lagi Senang Jaga Sekandang Lembu)Amanda Nell Eu / Malaysia / 2017 / Fiction / 17:45Two teenage outcasts form an uncanny friendship, discovering dark secrets|
|MOTHER, DAUGHTER, DREAMS
Linh Duong / Viet Nam / 2018 / Fiction / 19:13
In the search for her vanished father, Phuong and her mom are forced to confront each other
– Awards/Screenings: Official Competition – Busan International Film Festival, Official Competition – Singapore International Film Festival
|SECOND SKIN (ZWEITE HAUT)
Ismet ErgüN, Kerem ErgüN / Germany / 2019 / Fiction / 10:03
What would you do if you were confronted by a racist or sexist individual?
– Awards/Screenings: MOSCOW SHORT INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL (2019 BEST NARRATIVE SHORT FILM), FÜNF SEEN FILMFESTIVAL (Official Selection 2019)
Kanako Pooknyw / United States / 2018 / Fiction / 08:52
A narrative of white ignorance creating circumstances which obstruct the possibility of deeper, authentic relationships.
|AN ORDINARY MARRIAGE
Sein Lyan Tun / Myanmar / 2018 / Fiction / 13:00
an unexpected agreement between the bride, the groom and his sister threatens to unravel their relationships and their plans.
– Awards/Screenings: Cambodia International Film Festival, Cambodia Short Wave International Film Festival, Poland
|WITH THE ARRIVAL OF SPRING (Að vori)Katla Sólnes / Iceland / 2018 / Fiction / 11:24The desolate Icelandic spring awakens complicated feelings between two choir girls.|
|SEN/MON 7||15:00||IRAMA INDAH|
|JUM/FRI 11||18:30||AF Bali|
|SEARCHING FOR MEMORY | Duration: 77:03 | AGE RATING: 17+
There’s a strong bond of relationship that these films wish to establish with the audience. We might be left wondering if we ever share the same quest.
|BANGKOK 2032 Pongkiti Manityakul / Thailand / 2018 / Fiction / 19:59
Two brothers are forced to relocate back towards to their childhood home in the north Thailand.
– Awards/Screenings: Arc Film Festival, 9FilmFest
|NIGHT WALKING (Marcher dans la nuit)
Ann Sirot , Raphaël Balboni / France / 2018 / Fiction / 04:37
To fall asleep, we need to close our eyes. After a few minutes, it will happen naturally, or not at all.
|INTO MY LIFE
Ivana Hucikova, Sarah Keeling, Grace Remington / United States / 2018 / Documentary / 15:00
Darwin Serink / United States / 2018 / Fiction / 10:00
Rosa and Raul always share their lunch breaks together
|BUTTERFLY & MOUSE (Пеперуда и Мишка)
Mira Yankova / Bulgaria / Animation / 14:19
A short jazzy film about the fears that obstruct man’s way to himself and to others.
– Awards/Screenings: Best Animation – Newlyn International Film Festival Special Prize Proyko Proykov for Best Animation Film – INTERNATIONAL ANIMATION FILM FESTIVAL GOLDEN KUKER – SOFIA
Samuel Perriard / Switzerland / 2019 / Fiction / 13:08
After twelve years, Matti returns to the city where his life had changed. Just like then, he carries the revolver with him.
|MIN/SUN 6||20:15||AF Bali|
|RAB/WED 9||20:30||UMAH NUSADUA|
|TOUCH YOUR HEART | Duration: 73:14 | AGE RATING: 13+
|TAKE CARE OF ME (PRENDITI CURA DI ME )Mario Vitale / Italy / 2018 / Fiction / 20:00Alice is tormented from a recurring nightmare that nightly brings her back a trauma of a suffered violence.|
Bojan Brbora / United Kingdom / 2019 / Fiction / 07:51
An idealistic love story set to the backdrop of urban London, share a magical moment and a surpising evening unfolds.
– Awards/Screenings: Official selection Love Story Film London Festival International CKF film festival Winner
|RAYMONDE OR THE VERTICAL ESCAPE (Raymonde ou l’évasion verticale)Sarah Van Den Boom / France / 2018 / Animation / 16:31Raymonde is fed up with peas, aphids, dirty panties and her kitchen garden to dig.- Awards/Screenings: Great Prize Animation in the Curtas Festival 2018 of Vila Do Conde, World Animation Competition Award at Leeds International Film Festival 2018|
Carles Jofre / Spain / 2019 / Fiction / 10:52
Sebastián is a retired superhero who lives alone. He leads a quiet life and it’s ages since he last used his superpowers.
|FOR A SMILE… (FÜR EIN LÄCHELN…)Pirmin Styrnol, Till Mayer / Germany / 2018 / Documentary/ 18:00The consequences of war traumas for children. Clown Doctors accompanied filmmakers in their trip to Kyiv.|
|SAB/SAT 5||18:15||RUMAH FILM SANG KARSA|
|KAM/THU 10||18:30||UMAH NUSADUA|
|WHEN YOU BELIEVE | Duration: 83:35 | AGE RATING: 17+
Moufida Fedhila / Tunisia / 2017 / Fiction / 24:01
In Tunis lives Aya, a smart little girl, with her Salafist parents. A special event disrupts the life of this family.
– Awards/Screenings: Gold FIFOG – International Oriental Film Festival of Geneva Golden Tanit – Carthage Film Festival
Evgeny Makharadze / Russian Federation / 2019 / Documentary / 06:11
A portrait of an unusual man with an unconventional hobby, leading secluded life on a tropical island.
Eugenio Villani, Raffaele Palazzo / Italy / 2018 / Fiction / 08:27
The man realizes with amazement that each one of the yogurt cups has stamped on it the name of a religion.
– Awards/Screenings: Hoboken International Film Festival (Official Selection 2019), Hyperwave Film Awards – Spring Season (Best Short Comedy 2019)
|THE LAKE (ОЗЕРО)Edward Kowzan / Russian Federation / 2018 / Fiction / 19:56Twelve-year-old boy trying to return TO his beloved girl, who drowned.- Awards/Screenings: Best Editing at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Film Festival 2018, Pune, India.|
|FLORIAN’S LAST CLIMB (Florians letzter Aufstieg)
Harold Chapman / United Kingdom / 2018 / Documentary / 25:00
An Austrian aristocrat employs two film makers to help him uncover the mystery of his grandfather’s disappearance.
– Awards/Screenings: Beverly Hills Film Festival, USA Golden Maple for Best Documentary, Jahorina Film Festival, Bosnia & Herzegovina
|SAB/SAT 5||21:00||RUMAH FILM SANG KARSA|
|SEL/TUE 8||16:00||MASH DENPASAR|
|IN BETWEEN | Duration: 67:41 | AGE RATING: 13+
An atmosphere of somewhere between the surroundings and humanity itself.
Gina Tan / Singapore / 2018 / Fiction / 15:13
Set in 90s Singapore, Pencil tells the story of two best friends whose friendship is tested due to an incident.
– Awards/Screenings: Best Film and Best Screenplay in the Open Category at the National Youth Film Awards 2018. Grand Prize Short Film in Seoul Guro International Kids Film Festival
Valentin Riedl, Frédéric Schuld / Germany / 2018 /Animation, Documentary / 05:00
Through art, Carlotta overcomes a rare brain condition that prevents her from recognizing faces.
– Awards/Screenings: DOK Leipzig 2018: Audience Award, Hot Docs International Documentary Festival
Justine Gauthier / Canada / 2018 / Fiction / 11:38
For the first time since her divorce, a mother welcomes her two kids into her modest new flat.
Gökalp Gönen / Turkey / 2019 / Animation / 19:58
Embarked on a spaceship in the hope of finding a new habitable planet, the human trapped in his own ship.
– Awards/Screenings: Imagine Film Festival N etherland 2019 Official Selection, Istanbul Film Festival 2019 B est Short Film.
Jeremy Comte / Canada / 2018 / Fiction / 15:52
Set in a surface mine, two boys sink into a seemingly innocent power game with Mother Nature as the sole observer.
– Awards/Screenings: Nominated for Best Live Action Short Film – 91st Academy Awards
|MIN/SUN 6||17:00||RUMAH FILM SANG KARSA|
|SEL/TUE 8||13:30||MASH DENPASAR|
|JUM/FRI 11||18:30||UMAH NUSA DUA|
|WOMEN STAND UP | Duration: 77:30 | AGE RATING: 17+
Hiroshi Kizu / Japan / 2018 / Experimental / 03:15
The action emphasized by editing i t becomes a sound and forms a rhyt – Awards/Screenings: The IndieFEST Film Awards2019 [Award of Excellence Special Mention], C inematica Festival 2019 [PUBLIC PRIZE]
|ORDINARY THINGS (THAT HAPPENED IN THE CHILDHOOD HOME OF THE MAKER OF THIS FILM)
Rachel Gruijters / Belgium / 2018 / Experimental / 11:50
The reliability of memory is being questioned when, set within the highly constructed world of Old Hollywood
Esteban Garcia / Colombia / 2018 / Fiction / 15:00
Maryuri must take the decision to put her life at risk or return to her fisherman boyfriend.
|WHAT DO THEY WANT?
Laurent Annoni, Charlotte Annoni / Switzerland / 2018 / Fiction / 04:40
During a professional meeting, two young women lose their chance to realize a dream project against an arrogant boss.
– Awards/Screenings: VIDEONALE FILM- AND VIDEOCOMPETITON (Official Selection 2019), FEMALE FILMMAKERS FESTIVAL BERLIN (Official Selection 2019)
|THE HORRIBLE THIRTY: ME, MY FATHER AND RICHARD THE TIGER (虎父的妞妞未而立)
Rina Tsou / Taiwan / 2018 / Documentary / 20:00
Rina travels the cinematic rails of the 1950s to update her life to her late father.
– Awards/Screenings: 2018 Taiwan International Documentary Festival (Taiwan), 2019 Oberhausen International Short Film Festival (Germany)
|THE PORNOGRAPHER (Pornografen)
Nils J. Nesse / Norway / 2018 / Fiction / 11:00
A disillusioned porn director tries to save a young actress out of the claws of a cynical and destructive industry.
|CA$H (一万八)Tan Wei Ting / Singapore / 2018 / Fiction / 11:45Four cashier ladies lock themselves up in a supermarket revolting against the new cashless system.- Awards/Screenings: 41st Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival, International Competition (France, February 2019).|
|SAB/SAT 5||21:30||MASH DENPASAR|
|SEL/TUE 8||19:30||RUMAH SANUR CREATIVE HUB|
|LETTING GO | Duration: 100:13 | AGE RATING: 17+
To accept that some things are part of your history. This program is a tribute to letting go and look to the future.
|UNLIKE TODAY (Nicht im Traum)
Astrid Menzel / Germany / 2018 / Fiction / 20:00 An elderly couple fights for dignity while balancing on the edge of the existence of their former lives. – Awards/Screenings: 31. Filmfestival Dresden, 52 International Filmfestival Hof e.g
|SICK BIRDS (Le Mal Bleu)Anaïs Tellenne, Zoran Boukherma / France / 2018 / Fiction / 15:00Marie-Pierre is convinced that her husband Jean-Louis, despite his docility, will eventually cheat on her.-Awards/Screenings: Sunday Shorts Film Festival (Londres, Royaume-Uni), 2019 JURY AWARD // ÉCU – The European Independent Film Festival (Paris), 2019 BEST ACTRESS|
Felix Karolus / Germany / 2018 / / 10:45
For Charlotte it is like any other Sunday, until the doorbell rings and a stranger surprises her
– Awards/Screenings: THE MYRTLE BEACH INT’L FILM FESTIVAL (2019 HONORABLE MENTION), PALM SPRINGS INT’L SHORTFEST (Official Selection 2019)
Ven Gia / Australia / 2019 / Fiction / 13:01
A man stranded in the Australian outback dealing with the emotional fallout of his broken-down relationship
– Awards/Screenings: THE MYRTLE BEACH INT’L FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection 2019), OLBIA FILM NETWORK (Film Market Professional Video Library 2019)
Tang Kang Sheng / Singapore / 2018 / Fiction / 18:38
After their father enters the hospital, both siblings are forced to interact with each other.
|THE SILENCE OF A FLOWER (De stilte van een bloem)
Anne Jan Sijbrandij / Netherlands / 2019 / Documentary / 13:49
For the first time, a son talks with his immigrant mother about her past in the Dutch East Indies
Juanma Juárez / Spain / 2018 / Fiction / 04:00
Manuela Delgado awaits the arrival of some very special guests.
Nijitaro / Japan / 2019 / Animation / 05:00
We change as we age. We gain, we lose. But somethings never change. Meet the Papa bear and Baby bear and the miracle pie!
– Awards/Screenings: The Seoul Guro International Kids Film Festival 2019
|RAB/WED 9||20:00||RUMAH FILM SANG KARSA|
|KAM/THU 10||20:00||AF Bali|
|COURAGE | Duration: 86:16 | AGE RATING: 17+
Feel the deep love that gives these people strengths, even in difficult situations.
|WEEPING BIRDS (鳥兒為妳來)
Chan Teik Quan / Malaysia / 2018 / Fiction / 19:56
A story of an elderly couple who take death as a joke
– Awards/Screenings: Official SelectionC a’ Foscari Short Film Festival 9 V enice, Italy, March 20, 2019 E uropean Premiere Official Selection
|THE DAMSELS (Les Jouvencelles)Delphine Corrard / France / 2018 / Fiction / 19:36Laurenne is an old lady in a retirement home. Discreet and obedient, she is quietly getting depressed.|
|THE WIND PHONE
Kristen Gerweck / United States / 2019 / Fiction / 15:52
A phone booth on an ocean cliffside brings together seven strangers.
– Awards/Screenings: CLEVELAND INT’L FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection 2019), ALPINALE SHORT FILM FESTIVAL (Official Competition 2019)
Cris Gris / Mexico / 2018 / Fiction / 18:00
Ana, a devout 9-year-old girl, pushes her faith to its limit in hopes of divine intervention.
– Awards/Screenings: SOHO INT’L FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection 2019), FESTIVAL INT’L DE CINE DE HUESCA (Official Selection 2019)
Natalie Medlock / New Zealand / 2018 / Fiction / 12:52
Faced with a terminal diagnosis, an elderly couple makes a suicide pact.
– Awards/Screenings: SNAKE ALLEY FESTIVAL OF FILM (Official Selection 2019), SOUTH TEXAS INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection 2019)
|SAB/SAT 5||18:30||UMA SEMINYAK|
|SEN/MON 7||18:45||RUMAH FILM SANG KARSA|
|SENSE OF SELF | Duration: 73:41 | AGE RATING: 17+
Getting to know oneself is not easy! Immerse in this selection of films and perhaps you’ll see a glimpse of yourself.
|GIRL ABOVE THE RIVER
Alexandria Searls / United States / 2019 / Documentary, Experimental / 01:59
A girl plays and dances with the river. We see her from underneath the water.
Guillaume Levil / France / 2018 / Fiction / 18:00
To earn a few pennies, Alain recites Arthur Rimbaud’s poems to drivers stuck at the red light.
– Awards/Screenings: Best International short – Manchester Film Festival.
Erica Moriconi / United States / 2018 / Animation / 06:22
Four plagued neighbors resort to self-destruction when their decaying apartment intends to drag everyone down with it.
– Awards/Screenings: Official Selection: Animation Block Party 2018, Grrl Haus Cinema 2018
|ELI – A PORTRAIT (ELI – EIN PORTRAIT)
Lumen Nguyen / Germany / 2018 / Documentary / 06:40
“In the end your soul wants to follow your body. Your body wants to follow your soul.” Balian Buschbaum
– Awards/Screenings: 54th WERKSTATT DER JUNGEN FILMSZENE (2019 Official Selection), 15th FEST – NEW DIRECTORS, NEW FILMS FESTIVAL (2019 Official Selection)
Arnau Gòdia Montesinos / Spain / Animation / 07:00
Anna is a psychiatrist that receives a patient in a state of apathy
– Awards/Screenings: participation short film catalogue – Short Film Corner (Cannes 2019), official selection in – Animac (Lleida 2018).
Jefta Varwijk, Jaap Van Heusden / Netherlands / 2017 / Documentary / 22:40
A voice in David Brown’s head gave him a choice: kill his brother or jump from the fourth floor. David chose to plummet… –
– Awards/Screenings: Nominated for Dutch Academy Award (Golden Calf) for Best Short Documentary. Winner of Voices-of-Experience Award @ Mental Health Film Festival, Glasgow.
|MINOR KEY (Tono Menor)
Iván Sáinz-Pardo / Spain / 2018 / Fiction / 11:00
The moving story about a man locked in a Portuguese Fado
|MIN/SUN 6||20:30||UMAH NUSADUA|
|SEN/MON 7||20:30||MASH DENPASAR|
|TIME DRIPS | Duration: 74:15 | AGE RATING: 13+
Like water, a sense of time in these films flows slow and steady.
|NEW YEAR’S EVE ( XIAO YU)
Hao Zheng / United States / 2018 / Fiction / 21:38
On Chinese New Year’s Eve, a 19 year old boy tries to reconnect with his mother.
Michael Kam / Singapore / 2017 / Fiction / 11:43
An awkward, lonely boy is infatuated with his new neighbor, a young caregiver.
– Awards/Screenings: Singapore International Film Festival 2017- World Premiere.
Jimmy Olsson / Sweden / 2018 / Drama / 13:52
Charlotte is a teacher. One night she is attacked by a nazi.
– Awards/Screenings: Best short film Jaipur international film festival, Best short at Giffoni film festival
Christine Seow / Singapore / 2019 / Documentary / 22:02
a mixed race couple attempt to gain approval from their families.
– Awards/Screenings: 9FilmFest, Migranti Film Festival
|ISLE OF CAPRI
Måns Berthas / Sweden / 2018 / Fiction / 05:00
Lina’s grandmother is in a severe state of Alzheimer’s disease
|SEN/MON 7||20:30||UMAH NUSADUA|
|JUM/FRI 11||11:30||MASH DENPASAR|
|HEART POUNDING | Duration: 88:03 | AGE RATING: 17+
These film selection might trigger your body’s “fight or flight” response, and increases your heart rate.
|LAST SEEN ALIVE
Dan Walls / Australia / 2018 / Fiction / 09:45
A broken man connects with a woman bearing her own sadness.
– Awards/Screenings: Golden State Film Festival (TCL Chinese Theatre, Hollywood), Setting Sun Film Festival
Lin Tu / China / 2018 / Fiction / 10:54
A teenage girl is confronted with her inner demon when forced to lose her virginity on school’s sports day.
– Awards/Screenings: CAAMFEST (Official Selection 2019), FOTOGRAMMA D’ORO SHORT FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection 2019)
Shayna Connelly / United States / 2018 / Fiction / 13:41
Horror and desire meld when Suzanne arouses a ghostly presence and begins an unusual courtship across space and time.
– Awards/Screenings: Best Experimental Horror Short, Women in Horror Film Festival 2018 Jurors Award, The Artists Forum Festival of the Moving Image
|FIVE COURSE MEAL
James Cadden / Canada / 2018 / Fiction / 06:00
Mark and Jenny agree to take part in a mysterious experiment for money.
– Awards/Screenings: “Best Horror” at 2018 Edmonton Short Film Festival, “Best SFX” at 2019 First Contact Film Festival.
Daniel Bolda / Greece / 2019 / Fiction / 16:45
What would you trade for a muffin?
– Awards/Screenings: CORK FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection 2018), STOCKHOLM INDEPENDENT FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection 2019)
|RED PAPER (Kertas Merah)
Revin Palung / Indonesia / 2018 / Fiction / 15:00
A 19th years old girl from Tangerang (Benteng) Chinese family. A girl must be a virgin if she wants to be married
– Awards/Screenings: Finalist Sound & Image Challenge Festival Macau 2018 Nomine, eBest Short Film Salamindanaw Film Festival 2018
Nicole Scherer / Austria / 2019 / Fiction / 10:58
– Awards/Screenings: Genrenale 6 – Scared Shitless Award
|SAVOR IT (Déguste)
Stéphane Baz / France / 2018 / Experimental / 05:00
A day at the top of food chain, closest to the matter. A day in the culinary crash. – Awards/Screenings: PIFFF – Paris International Fantastic Film Festival, 2018 JURY AWARD // Festival L’ombre d’un Court, “La Séance de l’Étrange” 2018 AUDIENCE AWARD
|SAB/SAT 5||20:15||UMA SEMINYAK|
|RAB/WED 9||20:00||AF Bali|
|ALL THAT SHE WANTS | Duration: 96:11 | AGE RATING: 17+
Fueled by mysterious or obvious expression of all the women’s wish in these films, they become reflection of the contemporary society.
|MACHINE GUN MAMA
Justine Klaiber, Marwan Abdalla Eissa / Switzerland / 2018 /Animation, Experimental / 01:20
Getting in touch with her bad side has lead this faithful lama to live a double life between femme fatale and super mom.
|A PRAYER FOR THE CHILDLESS (Santhana Gopala)
Sandeep Ravindranath / India / 2018 / Fiction / 08:56
Awards/Screenings: Tasveer South Asian Film Festival, Signs Film Festival
Gan / Israel / 2018 / Fiction / 10:00
A mother discovers that something happened to her daughter, instantly her whole being becomes mother of.
|A COUNTRY IN MOVING PICTURES(Palabas)
Arjanmar Rebeta / Philippines / 2018 / Fiction / 16:27
An old man talking to his girlfriend, it starts normally, but eventually turns into a pervasive look into another life.
Awards/Screenings: 2019 Best Film 1 5th Mini Film Festival Malaysia, 2019 Signs Award 17th Festival International Signs of the Night – Zeichen der Nacht (Berlin, Germany
|A BEAUTIFUL JAR IN THE BUTCHER’S SHOP (Toples Cantik di Toko Daging)Difizckal Satriatama / Indonesia / 2019 / Fiction / 16:18A young mother asks for her husband’s permission to go to the beauty salon but her husband flirts with another woman instead.|
|AND ME (YA BEN)
Yaren Zara Berg / Germany / 2019 / Fiction / 24:16
Gülbeyaz is a middle age married Turkish woman facing an unexpected string of events that leads her to a revelation.
Awards/Screenings: HOLLYWOOD INTERNATIONAL MOVING PICTURES FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection 2019), GLOBAL INDIA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection 2019)
|JUST BECAUSE WE’RE FRIENDS
Olivia Griselda / Singapore / 2018 / Fiction / 10:09
a young woman initiates sex with her prudish male best friend in the hope of a romance, only to uncover his private secrets.
Myat Noe / Myanmar / 2018 / Fiction / 08:45 A peeping tom, a beautiful woman, and mysterious skin rashes.
Awards/Screenings: Sylhet Film Festival (Bangladesh), Cine Kasimanwa Western Visayas Film Festival
|SAB/SAT 5||19:00||MASH DENPASAR|
|JUM/FRI 11||20:30||UMAH NUSADUA|
|LAUGH IT OUT | Duration: 74:08 | AGE RATING: 13+
A little humor is harmless to face reality.
Tripp Crosby / United States / 2018 / Fiction / 09:41
Good boy youth pastor Greggor and his sensual girlfriend Kim have been invited over to house sit Pastor Tom.
– Awards/Screenings: Best Comedy Short – Iron Mule Short Comedy Film Festival, Best Film Nomination Hollywood Comedy Film Festival
Martin Fournier / France / 2018 / Fiction / 03:47
The neighbor showing up at eight o’clock in the morning in her bathrobe, that’s normal for you?
– Awards/Screenings: Comedy Award Finalist (Swindon Independent Film Festival, 2019), Audience Award (Kino, Lyon, 2018)
Bracq Fabrice / France / 2019 / Fiction / 20:00
Souleymane & Leila just got married, for better or worse. They love each other but living in an absurd & kafkaesque country.
|HOW IT FEELS TO BE HUNGOVER (Hur Det Känns Att Vara Bakis)
Viktor Hertz / Sweden / 2018 / Fiction / 10:00
A man wakes up at a clinic treating hangovers. The doctor prescribes 600 ml of ice cream and two action comedies.
-Awards/Screenings: 2018 Best Film – interfilm Berlin, Best Comedy – BuSho Film Festival
|COMEDY IN A MINOR KEY
Tjebbo Penning / Netherlands / 2018 / Fiction / 09:00
A dark comedy of wartime manners.
Awards/Screenings: OLBIA FILM NETWORK (Film Market Professional Video Library 2019), JEWISH MOTIFS International Film Festival (Official Selection 2019)
|VILLAGE FASHION (Falu Fessön)
Ibolya Simó / Hungary / 2018 / Fiction / 21:40
The still waters of a village are disturbed by the arrival of a fashion designer
-Awards/Screenings: Mediawave International Film Festival, BIG BANG INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL
|SAB/SAT 5||20:30||UMAH NUSADUA|
|MIN/SUN 6||20:30||OMAH APIK|
|RAB/WED 9||18:00||RUMAH SANUR CREATIVE HUB|
|THE POWER OF PAUSE | Duration: 75:29 | AGE RATING: 17+
The stories are not simply conveyed by dialogs, but also by the space between the lines and pictures that makes it a great film.
|THE TRAFFIC SEPARATING DEVICE
Johan Palmgren / Sweden / 2018 / Documentary / 15:00
Tragic and funny situation occur and we follow the whole mess of human failure.
– Awards/Screenings: LOS ANGELES FILM AWARDS (2018 HONORABLE MENTION: DOCUMENTARY SHORT), INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL OF SRIGANGANAGAR (2019 BEST DOCUMENTARY)
Renton Méndez / Mexico / 2018 / Fiction / 15:00
A detective explores the mind of Luciana, a teenager who has been a victim of rape and accused of murder.
– Awards/Screenings: Top Shorts Los Angeles United States November, 201, Honorable Mention Los Angeles CineFest Los Angeles United States January 20, 2019 Semi Finalist
Jorge Malpica / Mexico / 2018 / Feature / 08:00
Ulysses is a duel in which a mermaid tries to seduce an old fisherman but the hunter can become the prey.
– Awards/Screenings: discover film festival Jurys choice and Gosh film festival Audience Award.
|THE VISITOR Justin Olstein / Australia / 2018 / Fiction / 10:03
A woman grapples with how far she can go to protect a late-night visitor from rapidly encroaching danger.
– Awards/Screenings: NEW YORK SHORTS INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection 2019), FESTIVAL OF NATIONS (Official Selection 2019)
|RED LIGHT GREEN LIGHT Maegan Houang & Grace Kredell / United States / 2018 / Fiction / 07:26
Two young women are sequestered in an underground bunker, waiting for a window of release.
– Awards/Screenings: SORSICORTI SHORT FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection 2019), FIRENZE FILMCORTI FESTIVAL (Official Selection 2019)
|THE LAST WELL
Filip Filković / Croatia / 2018 / Fiction / 20:00
2037, Europe is in shambles. The last well with natural clean water dries out. His owner is going to makes one last “trade”.
– Awards/Screenings: New Renaissance Film Festival – Best Sci-Fi Short // Diversions Short Film Festival – Best Cinematography Award
|SAB/SAT 5||14:00||MASH DENPASAR|
|SEL/TUE 8||19:45||AF Bali|
|BEYOND EXPECTATION | Duration: 83:25 | AGE RATING: 17+
Life and reality are like twisted wires and one or the other sometimes go far beyond anything that had been expected.
|ABOUT MY MOTHER (母儀 母たるものとしての模範)Yumi Otsuka / Japan / 2018 / Fiction / 17:35a woman named Yumiko, a serious, yet apprehensive and honest single mother of a son and daughter, both in their twenties.- Awards/Screenings: Spain Moving Images festival 2019 / Official Selection, zeitimpuls short film 2019 / Finalist|
Valerio Filardo / Italy / 2019 / Fiction / 14:00
Nazi concentration camp, 1944. Two Italian prisoners locked in a very small cell are taking a pledge.
|A FAMILY TALE (Un cuento familiar)José Corral Llorente / Spain / 2017 / Fiction / 13:00little Rubén narrates the adventures of Galactic Lighting, a brave space hero who fights Dr. Evil.|
David (Davi.In) Aufdembrinke / Germany / 2018 / Experimental / 22:22
A young man tries out what happens if he assumes that everything was possible
– Awards/Screenings: DOOR KINETIC ARTS FESTIVAL (Official Selection 2019), THE QUARANTINE FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection 2019)
Thomas Bernos / United States / 2019 / Fiction / 16:28
The final journey of Paco, an imaginary boy and his lifelong friend Ben, the old man who grew out of him long ago.
– Awards/Screenings: Independent Shorts Awards (ISA)- Platinum Awards winner for: Best Fantasy short and Best First time Director.
|SAB/SAT 5||14:00||MASH DENPASAR|
|SEL/TUE 8||19:45||AF Bali|
|OUT OF THE ORDINARY | Duration: 71:13 | AGE RATING: 17+
Playing on the edges of the seemingly routine life, these films explore themes in out of the ordinary way.
Tsang Hing Weng Eric / Hong Kong / 2018 / Fiction / 21:59
It rained non-stop when Hong Kong was rocked by the Umbrella Movement in 2014.
– Awards/Screenings: Best Narrative Short – the 67th Columbus International Film Festival
|DEMOCRACY IS A PARTY; A VIDEO EMBROIDERY (Η Δημοκρατία είναι γιορτή, ένα κεντημένο βίντεο)Jennifer Nelson / Greece / 2019 / Experimental / 10:00Like banks and like the people’s debt, the video accumulates.- Awards/Screenings: London Greek Film Festival, official selection, anatomy of Political Melancholy art exhibition, Athens Conservatoire|
Warren Bass / United States / 2018 / Experimental / 06:00
It rhythmically constructs, de-constructs and explores evolving images that were sketched on the streets of Havana.
– Awards/Screenings: Official Selection at AVIFF Cannes Art Film Festival 2019, and the Athens International Film Festival 2019.
|MAIDS (Amo a las criadas por irreales)
Sofia Castro / Argentina / 2018 / Experimental / 05:00
A maid ballerina embodying the voices of two radio drama lovers who plan to murder her with their own hands.
– Awards/Screenings: 2018. 32nd Leeds International Film Festival (UK) – World Premiere 2019. 16th Cinedans Dance on Screen Festival (Amsterdam, NL)
Lore Vandebeek, Kristof Lauwers / Belgium / 2018 / Fiction / 10:34
short road movie on a dead end street on the enchanting isle of Pantelleria about two brothers, a stubborn moped and pasta.
Mersolis Schöne, Evi Jägle / Austria / 2018 / Experimental / 02:45
“Deternity” is an experimental poetic short film exploring Friedrich Nietzsche’s poem “Once More”
– Awards/Screenings: Winner of “Best Experimental Film 2018” at the Austrian Independent Film Festival. Winner of “Best Experimental Short” at the Changing Face International Film Festival (May 2018 Edition).
|WHITE WALLS (Pareti Bianche)
Alessandro Sedda, Annalisa Ciacco / Italy / 2017 / Experimental / 14:55
A dissonant chant of a man forced to live inside himself. He faces the world, but finds nothing but himself.
– Awards/Screenings: Denver Underground Film Festival 2019 – Official SelectionD elete TV, 2019 – Official Selection
|SEL/TUE 8||20:15||RUMAH FILM SANG KARSA|
|RAB/WED 9||13:15||MASH DENPASAR|
|BETWEEN THE SPACE | Duration: 76:19 | AGE RATING: 17+
Encourages you to think about architecture, space and events. These films supposedly make us rethink about time and space and the experience of all the characters moving through it.
|SUTURES OF A LANDSCAPE
Emma Rozanski / United Kingdom / 2018 / Experimental / 06:16
A poetic landscape using shadow puppetry of antique surgical instruments
– Awards/Screenings: International Museum of Surgical Science Chicago 2018
Chia Chee Sum / Malaysia / 2017 / Fiction / 18:00
In a public housing flat in Kuala Lumpur, a young Malay man travels back and forth for his parents, and his beloved t-shirt.
– Awards/Screenings: 2018 Busan International Short Film Festival, Jury Prize Int’l Competition, 2018 Singapore International Film Festival, Southeast Asian Short Film Competition
|LAND SHAPE #1
Thadeusz Tischbein / Germany / 2019 / Experimental / 04:50
this visual information can tell us about the relationship between landscape and its utilization.
– Awards/Screenings: FECIBogotá – Feria Internacional de Cine Independiente de Bogotá – Festival Screening
|THE DIVINE WAY (La Via Divina)Ilaria Di Carlo / Germany / 2018 / Experimental / 15:00The Divine Way takes us along on the protagonist’s epic descent through an endless labyrinth of staircases.-Awards/Screenings: 57th ANN ARBOR FILM FESTIVAL, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA *Barbara Aronofsky Latham Award for an Emerging Experimental Video Artist, 18th TIBURON INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL, Tiburon, Ca, USA*Best Experimental Film|
|OPERATION JANE WALK
Robin Klengel, Leonhard MüLlner / Austria / 2018 / Documentary, Experimental / 16:14
A City Tour through the Architecture of an Online Shooter Game
– Awards/Screenings: VIS Vienna Shorts Award “Best Austrian Film”, Short Waves Int. Film Festival “Audience Award”
|A YEAR ALONG THE GEOSTATIONARY ORBIT
Felix Dierich / Germany / 2018 / Animation, Documentary / 15:59
A year through the distant eyes of meteorological satellite Himawari-8
– Awards/Screenings: Annecy 2019, Flensburger, Kurzfilmtage 2018 – Honourable Mention of the jury
|SEN/MON 7||19:30||MASH DENPASAR|
|SEN/MON 7||19:15||OMAH APIK|
|SEL/TUE 8||18:30||UMA SEMINYAK|
|A CHALLENGE | Duration: 64:23 | AGE RATING: 13+
Challenge you to taste these diverse shorts: from animation, fiction to documentary.
|EMBRACES & THE TOUCH OF SKIN
Sara Koppel / Denmark / 2019 / Animation / 02:42
An animated poem about the vital need for embraces and contact with other beings.
Awards/Screenings: Premiered Copenhagen Denmark 2019, London UK 4th of Maj, Maio Portugal 26th (2019)
Rene Smaal / Netherlands / 2018 / Fiction / 00:54
A forest. A bicycle. A man. Where did they come from? Where do they go?
Awards/Screenings: Vlaardings Filmfestival, Vlaardingen Netherlands
|MIRIAM (Wniebowzięcie Miriam z ulicy zimą 1942)
Jędrzej Gorski / Poland / Experimental / 01:39
Jerzy Ficowki’s poem tells a story of a poet that see jewish girl dying on the street in 1942 in Poland.
Delia Hess / Switzerland / 2018 / Animation / 08:41
On a small planet, the inhabitants perform their poetically surreal actions, which repeat themselves in an endless loop.
|A FILM BY ABIGAIL
Paul Vernon / United Kingdom / 2012 / Documentary / 05:00
A child discusses her new toy video camera she received for Christmas
Awards/Screenings: London Short Film Festival at ICA Los Angeles International Children’s Film Festival at LACMA
Daniel Ongko / Indonesia / 2019 / Fiction / 03:50
An international student has to make a decision between obeying her parents or follow after what her heart desires.
Awards/Screenings: Official Selection in Direct Monthly Online Film Festival
Annick Christiaens / Belgium / 2018 / Fiction / 18:53
A young woman passes a short waiting time by feeding playfully the male attention that surrounds her.
Awards/Screenings: 7th TORONTO SHORTS INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL (BEST COMEDY 2019)
|THE HACKED MIND
Diana Frankovic / Germany / 2018 / Documentary, Experimental / 07:44
The Hacked Mind follows a seven-chakra clearing method which is normally experienced internally through visualization.
Awards/Screenings: 4th INCA IMPERIAL INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection 2019), 8th CARMARTHEN BAY FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection 2019)
Xheni Alushi / Switzerland / 2018 / Fiction / 15:00
An introverted young girl discovers a gateway to a parallel world, she finds comfort and ease for her feeling of guilt.
Awards/Screenings: Locarno Film Festival 2018
|MIN/SUN 6||17:30||MASH DENPASAR|
|MIN/SUN 6||19:15||RUMAH SANUR CREATIVE HUB|
|RAB/WED 9||17:00||RUMAH FILM SANG KARSA|
|VISUAL POETRY | Duration: 65:50 | AGE RATING: 13+
Tuna ÖZer / Sweden / 2018 / Fiction / 11:20
Camilo borrows his friend’s expensive jacket and approaches Amina, offering to show her the way. A misunderstanding follows.
|MY JUKE-BOX (Mon juke-box)
Florentine Grelier / France / 2019 / Animation, Documentary / 14:59
Remembering the infernal machines of my dad, the man of a thousand lives, the king of the juke-box.
– Awards/Screenings: Annecy (André Martin Selection) – 2019 and Tampere film Festival – 2019
Natalia Barua, Owa Barua / United Kingdom / 2019 / Experimental / 12:12
Explores memory and movement as interlacing subjects, a personal account about presence and place.
|IN BRIEF (In Breve)Carlo Perassi / Italy / 2019 / Documentary, Experimental /06:32narrating scientific facts regarding an enormous timespan, whilst developing a silent drama around the heart of being human.- Awards/Screenings: Best Director and Best Sound at Westminster Film Festival (UK)|
Daniel Sauermilch / United States / 2018 / Fiction / 05:57
A young woman checks into a remote recovery center
– Awards/Screenings: INT’L MOTION FESTIVAL – IMF (Official Selection 2019), PHILOSOPHICAL FILM FESTIVAL (Official Selection 2019)
M. Scholz / Spain / 2018 / Documentary / 01:50 S
teven’s reason to ride.
– Awards/Screenings: 4th FILM INVASION LOS ANGELES (2019 Official Selection), 4th SILICON BEACH FILM FESTIVAL (2019 Official Selection)
|INS HOLZ (IN THE WOODS)
Thomas Horat, Corina Schwingruber Ilić / Switzerland / 2017 / Fiction / 13:00
Every four years, over a period of three months in winter, wood is being cut in a steep mountain-
Awards/Screenings: La Guarimba International Film Festival, Amantea, Calabria IT Best Documentary Shortfilm, Corto e fieno, Festival del Cinema Rurale, Ameno IT Premio del Pubblico – Vanga d’Oro
|SEN/MON 7||20:00||UMA SEMINYAK|
|JUM/FRI 11||13:30||MASH DENPASAR|
|CONTEMPLATION | Duration: 73:07 | AGE RATING: 17+
Take some time to look thoughtfully into these selection of contemplative films: from Experimental, Documentary, Animation and Fiction.
|HYDE & SEEK
Pierre Ajavon / France / 2018 / Experimental / 04:11
Hidden behind a totemic tree, the moon plays hide-and-seek with the spectator and lets glimpse another world…
– Awards/Screenings: 2019 – Concept 2019 – CICA Museum – Gimpo // South Korea, 2019 – FIVAC Festival – 8th International Video Art Festival of Camagüey – Camagüey // Cuba
Jonathan Hodgson / United Kingdom / 2018 / Animation / 15:35
Three friends embark on a new adventure but when a manipulative new member joins their gang, their loyalty is torn apart.
– Awards/Screenings: BAFTA for British Short Animation 2019, Audience Award at the International Animation Film Festival of Paris 2018
|SHOOTING CROWS (Krähen schiessen)
Christine Hürzeler / Switzerland / 2018 / Documentary / 20:00
Now and then a crow is shot: as a deterrent. The crows rally after every shot.
– Awards/Screenings: Visions du Réel, Nyon (CH); DokLeipzig, Leipzig (D); Documentamadrid, Special Mention (E)
Fateme Ahmadi / United Kingdom / 2017 / Fiction / 14:48
To keep her job and home in London, an immigrant single mother has to hide her five year-old daughter
– Awards/Screenings: NOMINEE FOR THE BEST BRITISH SHORT FILM BY THE BRITISH INDEPENDENT FILM AWARDS (BIFA) (2018), LONDON CALLING PLUS – FILM LONDON & BFI NETWORK PRODUCTION AWARD (2017)
|IN THE WIND
Nakorn Chaisri / Thailand / 2018 / Fiction / 18:33
After the tragic death of his wife, a desperate man reunites with the spirit of his wife and starts their new relationship.
– Awards/Screenings: 2019 DC Asian Pacific American Film2 019 Garden State Film Festiva
|SEL/TUE 8||20:45||UMAH NUSADUA|
|RAB/WED 9||15:30||MASH DENPASAR|