WHY WE CARE TO ORGANIZE THE 2nd MINIKINO FILM WEEK?
1. Giving opportunity to general audience to watch the best achievement of short films produced by Indonesian filmmakers, South East Asia, and International countries around the world, that is including Europe and America that we might never get to see otherwise.
2. Create public film screening experience that ensure the program quality, presenting exclusive short films screening which otherwise is not available on screen.
3. Encouraging discussion after the screening to stimulate awareness and critical thinking. Minikino believes that a short film, like a poem or short story, is a self-contained work with its own literary merit. A well-programmed selection of short films is a potent stimulant for discussion, which in turn will promote critical thinking.
4. Create meeting place where filmmakers and public/audiences could meet and ignite creative discussion inspired by the short films.
5. Create a network and communication among short filmmakers in Indonesia, South East Asia, and International.
6. Provided filmmakers with an opportunity to make an impact to a wider audience.